Due to the excessive heat this afternoon, we are changing back to remote format instead of meeting in person, outdoors as originally planned.
June 14th 6pm Remote Meeting Agenda
Agenda public link
To Submit Comments or Questions in Advance use the Google Form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRv8NgYjka5EzwYVUqTcD_s84Wy4dXW2SK8UIXdN_nFhqD5w/viewform?usp=sf_link
PLEASE USE THE CHAT OR RAISE HAND FUNCTION DURING THE MEETING TO SUBMIT COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS
Join using Google Meet
Join by phone
(US) +1 314-666-1633 PIN: 668 891 175#
MCNO Announcements (6pm)
- Seeking to fill City Park triangle vacancy on the Mid-City Security District
- Thanks to the MCNO Board for crafting a letter to St. Margaret’s about the state of Mercy Hospital buildings.
- Thank you to our donors for Give NOLA Day
- Thank you to participants of the Hurricane Preparedness Outreach this past weekend
- Seeking letters and notes of support for SWBNO green infrastructure project
- Various volunteer opportunities available
- Communications and publishing updates
- Outreach events and maintaining membership
- Planning and events execution (fundraising, yard sales, etc)
- Committing time to attend public meetings now some are moving to in person
- Joining the MCNO board
- Jay H. Banks, Dist B Office: (504) 658-1020 Jay.H.Banks@nola.gov (10mins)
- Dist A Joe Giarrusso – Phone: (504) 658-1010 Joseph.Giarrusso@nola.gov (10mins)
Call for items
Pending Land Use applications:
Stay updated with Land Use notices, NPPs and Permits near you by signing up for email notices http://noticeme.nola.gov/
- ORLEANS JUSTICE CENTER MEDICAL SERVICES BUILDING COMMUNITY MEETING – Location: WebEx When: Thursday, June 17th at 6 PM Join the City of New Orleans with Grace Hebert Curtis Architects to discuss the proposed construction of the Orleans Justice Center Medical Services Building. https://nola.gov/neighborhood-engagement/news/june-2021/orleans-justice-center-medical-services-building-community-meeting/
- 617 N Broad St Zoning Docket 040/21 – CPC Public Hearing Meeting Date: Jun 22 2021 1:30PM Conditional Use retail sale of packaged alcoholic beverages at an existing gas station
- 3120 Cleveland Ave Zoning Docket 054/21 CPC Public Hearing Meeting Date: Jun 22 2021 1:30PM to permit a neighborhood commercial establishment in an HU-RD2
- 4068 Tulane Ave Zoning Docket 057/21 CPC Public Hearing Tuesday July 13, 2021 1:30 PM City Council Chamber Or Via Teleconference nola.gov/cpc Conditional Use to permit a drive-thru facility associated with a fast food restaurant
- 217 S Rendon Project #21-0326 · Ref Code:TLB456 Planned Development application and pending CPC hearing – will publish once a docket # is assigned and public comment can be submitted.
- 318 N Rendon Project #21-0416 · Ref Code:7ELZBM pending CPC hearing Seeking zoning change and conditional use and possible variances to turn the three lots into a parking lot
- 600 N Broad St Project #21-0528 · Ref Code:4TP61R – Conditional Use – Bar w/ secondary live entertainment application and pending CPC hearing – will publish once a docket # is assigned and public comment can be submitted
City Planning Commission advanced public comment may be submitted via written comments to the Executive Director in advance by mail (1300 Perdido Street, 7th floor, New Orleans LA 70112) or email (CPCinfo@nola.gov) or by Phone: (504) 658-7033.
All advance written comments must be received by 5 p.m. on the Monday eight days prior to the hearing date or the date of the meeting during the pause for public comment.
Public comment may be submitted in person at hearings or the day of a City Planning Commission hearing using a unique link provided with the announcement of the final agenda.
Mid-City Security District – Transitioning to in-person meetings, tentative Tuesday June 22nd at Success Prep @ Thurgood Marshall. Check website and social media for updates https://midcitysecuritydistrict.org/ https://www.facebook.com/pg/MCSD.252.1570
NOPD First District weekly MAX meeting online Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 1 – 2pm https://www.facebook.com/NOPDFirst
The First District’s June NONPACC meeting will be held at the First District Station (501 N. Rampart St.) for the first time in 2021 on Tue, Jun 15 2021 6:00 pm! It will also be held virtually, as before, for those who may not be able to attend in person. June NONPACC Meeting https://webexcno.nola.gov/orion/joinmeeting.do?MTID=cd0b18720d78e381c67583806ea3a904 Meeting Number: 996 894 547 Audio Connection 87001 (Internal) 504-658-7001 (Direct-Dial) 1-877-286-7156 (Toll Free) Access Code: 996 894 547
Third District NOPD NONPACC (in-person) meeting on the first Wednesday of the month for meeting information, contact Officer Taylor St. Charles email@example.com next one is Wednesday July 7th @ 630p-730p https://www.nola.gov/nopd/calendar/?trumbaEmbed=view%3Devent%26eventid%3D122934933
Neighborhood Engagement Community Office Hours Monday through Wednesday from 10:30 am to 5 pm at the District A: Robert E. Smith Library – 6301 Canal Blvd., 70124 by appointment only. Complete the form to make an appointment and see the schedule https://www.nola.gov/neighborhood-engagement/programs/community-office-hours/
City Meal Assistance Program is extended. Register online or by calling 3-1-1 (LIKELY TO END JUNE 29th) https://ready.nola.gov/incident/coronavirus/meal-assistance-program
Next MCNO meeting: Monday, August 9th, 6pm stay tuned for meeting details https://mcno.org/events
Submit Announcement/Presentation requests or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Next MCNO Board Meeting – Tues June 29th, 6pm Remote via Google Meet https://mcno.org/events
If you are not an MCNO member, Join our email list! https://mcno.org/newsletter-sign-up/
Public Safety Notices
January 18th Bienville Homicide suspects being sought https://nopdnews.com/post/february-2021/suspect-vehicle-sought-by-nopd-in-double-homicide NOPD Homicide Det. Tanisha Smith at 504-658-5300 or call anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP
The NOPD is investigating a homicide that occurred on April 3, 2021 at the intersection of Banks Street and Carrollton Avenue and claimed the life of one person. Anyone with additional information on this incident is asked to contact NOPD Homicide Unit detectives at 504-658-5300 or call anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.