The Mid-City Neighborhood Organization is pleased to present Mid-City’s Open for Business, an informational forum that targets returning and prospective small business owners. The event will take place on Saturday November 4, 2006 at City Park’s Botanical Garden. The event has been developed as a “one-stop-shop” for business owners to learn about grants, loans, tax incentives and business services that are available to them in Post-Katrina New Orleans.
Featured speakers and business fair representatives include local and state economic development agencies, non-profits, business banks and other lending resources. A complete list of confirmed participants appears below. This event is Free to participants who register by October 31, 2006. Online registration is available. Space is limited, so register early to confirm your spot!
The schedule for Saturday November 4th is:
- 9:30-10:30a Registration & Networking
- 10:30a – Noon Speakers on topics of interest to Small Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
- Noon – 2p Business Fair – visit one-on-one with our vendors
Confirmed Participants include:
- Louisiana Economic Development Department
- Desire NOLA
- The Louisiana Small Business Development Center Greater New Orleans Region (SBDC)
- The Good Work Network
- Hope Community Credit Union and ACCION USA
- New Corp
- Real Estate Solutions Inc
- Stay Local!