At the request of our neighbors who are out of town, and for those who couldn’t make it, here are brief minutes for the Mid-City Recovery Action Meeting of 12/4/2006:
- Alice-Anne spoke about the historic building grants.
- Unfortunately, we were unable to get representatives from 1st & 3rd District. Some items that were discussed:
- NONPAC meetings are third Tuesday of every month at every precinct. Angela Brenneke attends the 1st District Meeting and has agreed to post the handouts. Can someone volunteer to do this for 3rd District?
- Talked about the detrimental effect of unsecured houses in our neighborhood, as contributing to crime. Strong consensus that an update on the Good Neighbor Program is needed. Will invite reps from councilemembers offices to next meeting to speak on this topic.
- We are pleased to announce that Mid-City has been selected as the home to the community center project that has been posted about previously. The donors are working with the city to secure the site, and will be hosting Town Hall Meetings with all interested neighbors to discuss exactly what functions the community center will have. The Green Space committee will be leading this effort.
One neighbor from the direct area of Comiskey Park voiced that there is strong opposition from the direct neighbors to the project. Therefore, the Green Space committee is planning to launch a door-to-door effort in the immediate surrounding blocks to engage neighbors, provide them with facts about the project and find out what the specific concerns are, so these can be addressed. If you would like to help with this effort, please contact Brenda Napolitano
The next meeting will be Monday January 8 at Grace Episcopal Church.← Blog