The next MCNO Monthly Membership Meeting is on Monday, December 1st. Two big items on the agenda include:
1) ELECTIONS!!! Several board positions are open for the 2009-2010 term. We hope to welcome new faces and fresh ideas! Please see below for additional info.
2) POT LUCK!!! Just like last year, come one, come all, and bring a dish to share. The food was great last year and the company was even better. Great occasion to meet and greet fellow mid-citizens. We’ll keep the meeting short so there is able time to eat and conversate.
Several board positions will be coming to term at the end of this year. We are actively seeking new candidates for several open positions. Please review the info below and consider joining the team!
- helping support the mid-city library
- fighting for more public green space
- weighing in on zoning & planning issues
- writing grants
- boosting preservation efforts
- supporting Mid-City schools
- making Mid-City a safer place
- communications to help keep all Mid-citizens informed
If you would enjoy activities such as these, please consider joining the MCNO Board!
YOU’D PROBABLY MAKE A GOOD BOARD MEMBER IF YOU CAN:
- discuss issues calmly;
- retain your own viewpoint while respecting the right of others to disagree;
- work as a member of a team; and
- remember that the good of the neighborhood is our goal.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO RUN?
Candidates must be a member of MCNO at the time of the election and must reside within the organization’s boundaries (see map).
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF BOARD MEMBERS?
Board members are expected to attend monthly meetings and MCNO events and to chair a committee or perform another equally important assignment (examples: publishing the newsletter, acting as a liaison to other civic organizations, serving as an officer of MCNO). Board members are not compensated for their service.
For complete requirements and more details, see the bylaws.
HOW DO I NOMINATE SOMEONE ?
Nominations are made at the November Board meeting or at the December general membership meeting. Nominating yourself is perfectly acceptable! Before you nominate someone else, check with them to be sure they’re are willing to serve if elected.
HOW DO MCNO MEMBERS LEARN ABOUT THE NOMINEES?
Beginning now, anyone interested in running for a Board seat should supply a brief profile of themselves which MCNO will publish on its Yahoo discussion group and on its website. Please include the following in your profile:
- Name & Home Address; Contact email and phone
- A brief bio highlighting your service to MCNO/other non-profit/civic causes
- A brief summary of the skills and expertise that you can bring to the Board
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN THE MCNO BOARD ELECTION?
All members in good standing (dues paid up) are eligible to vote. You will be able to join MCNO or renew your membership at our election meeting prior to the start of voting.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE ELECTION BE HELD?
Elections for the Mid City Neighborhood Organization’s 2009 Board of Directors are coming up Monday, December 1st, 6:30PM at Grace Episcopal Church (3700 Canal St.).
Please address questions and send profiles to Angela Brenneke, MCNO Secretary
Email (preferred): angelabrenneke [*] gmail.com
Phone (evening): 504-606-2584
Postal Mail: 3019 Banks St., NOLA 70119