NOLA Green Roots, 3101 Tulane Avenue
Entrance on South Salcedo Street next to Hilbert’s Bodyworks
Saturday, November 19, 2011
10 am to 12 noon
Come learn about how to harvest and store your fall crops! Joseph Brock, Director of NOLA Green Roots, will lead us through the steps of harvesting, cooking, and canning some home-grown foods for the winter at his Mid-City Community Garden.
Saturday’s program will include:
- Information and techniques for canning and storing winter food
- How to harvest fall crops from your garden
- How to cook and make tea with edible flowers
- Making pesto from local ingredients
- Take-home samples of food prepared at the workshop
COST: $5.00 (with free vegetable, herb & flower seeds available)
Free for NOFFN Members! Become a member today.
Please RSVP by Friday, November 18th! This event has a 25 person maximum.
To get your name on our list, contact Nico at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-483-6967
GROW MO’ BETTA is a 12-part monthly training series @ various locations throughout NOLA.
Please note: Our office phone number has changed: 504-483-6967